Waxing is a very popular hair removal treatment amongst male and female clients. Our course will teach you all you need to know about hair removal and is perfect for both beginners and existing therapists who wish to offer this treatment.
The Waxing Course will teach you the science behind waxing, wax application using warm wax and different techniques focusing on different areas of the body.
During the Waxing Course you will learn the following –
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Anatomy and physiology: structure of the skin, structure of the hair, hair growth cycle, skin diseases and disorders
- Equipment and products
- Preparation of room, trolley and client
- Safe use of Electrical Equipment
- Consultations and Record Cards
- Benefits of waxing
- Alternative methods of depilation
- Practical tuition on waxing legs, underarms, bikini line and face
- Client aftercare advice
- Behind The Mask – How to spot signs of domestic abuse and how you can help (optional)
Our tutors are always on hand after your course to support and guide you with any help you need, we also offer FREE refresher courses for any students who wish to practice their new skills.
There is nearby parking at –
Britannia Car Park
- Parking is free outside Windmill Hill City Farm on evenings and weekends
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided (please advise if you have any dietary requirements when you book your course)
- All students will receive a Training Manual on arrival
- You will be practicing on other students and vice versa to ensure you get the feel for all aspects of the treatment, therefore please ensure that you have significant hair regrowth
- Please wear dark or black clothes, sensible flat shoes and hair tied back
- Qualification: Certificate of Diploma
- Certificates will be awarded to students at the end of the course providing they have competently demonstrated the required skills and knowledge, any students who are not yet ready will be discreetly asked to return for further training free of charge.
- All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to perform Waxing on your clients.
- Students who participate in Behind the Mask training will receive their certificate via email within 2 weeks.
- Upon booking a place on this course you will receive a confirmation email, if you do not receive an email please contact us.
- If you select the option to pay a deposit you will receive an invoice via email for the remaining balance, this does not need to be paid until 1 week before your course starts.
- Prerequisites – none