This course is suitable for beginners, or therapists who would like to up-skill and master the art of nail enhancements.
During the Nail Technician you will learn the following –
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Preparation of working area
- Knowledge of nail shapes and anatomy
- Knowledge of nail conditions, disorders and diseases
- Client consultation
- Preparation of nails
- Cuticle work
- Correct method for filing and shaping
- Luxury Gel Polish Manicure and Pedicure
- Tip application
- Use of files and buffers
- Understanding grit sizes
- Applying gel, including pink and white
- Applying Acrylic, including pink and white
- Safe use of UV and LED lamps
- Finishing and buffing
- Assessing nails for in-fills or rebalance
- Application of products for in-fills or rebalance
- Product removal
- Importance of manufacturing instructions
- Client aftercare advice
- Behind The Mask – How to spot signs of domestic abuse and how you can help (optional)
Our tutors are always on hand after your course to support and guide you with any help you need, we also offer FREE refresher courses for any students who wish to practice their new skills.
Nail Technician Course Information
- There is free parking in Armada Road car park, enter BS14 0SU into your sat nav. Once parked, follow the path to the right of The Whitchurch pub, then turn right onto the row of shops, we are second from last
- PPE will be provided on arrival
- Refreshments will be provided
- All students will receive a training manual prior to their course, please ensure you can access your manual on your phone or an iPad during your training
- Your course includes your very own kit to take home
- You will be practicing on other students and vice versa to ensure you get the feel for all aspects of the treatment, therefore please ensure that you arrive with natural nails. Models are not permitted on the course.
- Please wear dark or black clothes, sensible flat shoes and hair tied back
- Qualification: Certificate of Diploma Accredited by ABT
- Certificates will be awarded to students at the end of the course providing they have competently demonstrated the required skills and knowledge, any students who are not yet ready will be discreetly asked to return for further training free of charge.
- All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to perform Luxury Gel Polish, Gel and Acrylic Extensions on your clients.
- Students who participate in Behind the Mask training will receive their certificate via email within 2 weeks.
- The price of this course includes a non-refundable booking fee of £100
- If you select the option to pay in full but change your mind at a later date the booking fee of £100 is non-refundable
- If you select the option to secure your space with a deposit this will cover your booking fee. You will then receive an invoice via email for the remaining balance 3 weeks before your course, this does not need to be paid until 2 weeks before your course starts.
Please read our T&Cs before booking
Prerequisites – none