Microdermabrasion is a non surgical method of skin rejuvenation by means of mechanical skin exfoliation. This is a pain free procedure that can be combined with other skin care treatments, facials and peels. Microdermabrasion is a simple effective process removing the outmost layer of skin with a diamond or plastic tip, and removes the dead cells with a vacuum suction machine.
This treatment is designed to improve the overall texture, tone and clarity of the skin. The Microdermabrasion will smooth out the skin leaving it fresh and regenerating new skin cells. The process also encourages the production of collagen and helps treat early signs of ageing.
LED Light Therapy is a non-invasive treatment which can address skin problems such as: Sun damage, acne, fine line and wrinkles.
During the Microdermabrasion and LED Light Therapy Course you will be learning:
- Health, safety and hygiene methods of practice
- Anatomy and physiology: structure of the skin, skeletal and muscular structure of the face
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Skin types and PH balance
- Equipment, implements and products
- Preparation of room and client
- Client consultations and Record Cards
- Benefits & effects of Microdermabrasion treatment
- Skin care, products & their properties
- Microdermabrasion sequences & movements using the vacuum suction machine
- Safe usage of an LED Mask
- How to treat skin conditions
- Importance of the machine and understanding the equipment used
- Theory related to the Microdermabrasion and LED Light Therapy
- Client Aftercare advice
- Behind The Mask – How to spot signs of domestic abuse and how you can help (optional)
Our tutors are always on hand after your course to support and guide you with any help you need, we also offer FREE refresher courses for any students who wish to practice their new skills.
There is nearby parking at –
Britannia Car Park
- Parking is free outside Windmill Hill City Farm on evenings and weekends
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided (please advise if you have any dietary requirements when you book your course)
- All students will receive a Training Manual on arrival
- You will be practicing on other students and vice versa to ensure you get the feel for all aspects of the treatment
- Please wear dark or black clothes, sensible flat shoes and hair tied back
- Qualification: Certificate of Diploma
- Certificates will be awarded to students at the end of the course providing they have competently demonstrated the required skills and knowledge, any students who are not yet ready will be discreetly asked to return for further training free of charge.
- All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to perform Microdermabrasion and LED Light Therapy on your clients.
- Students who participate in Behind the Mask training will receive their certificate via email within 2 weeks.
- Upon booking a place on this course you will receive a confirmation email, if you do not receive an email please contact us.
- If you select the option to pay a deposit you will receive an invoice via email for the remaining balance, this does not need to be paid until 1 week before your course starts.
- Prerequisites – Facial Massage and Skincare Qualification