Our Male Grooming Training Course is for beginners and existing technicians or Barbers who wish to master the techniques of the latest industry trend. It will give you the confidence to offer your clients 4 treatments in one. You will learn Facial Skincare, Facial Waxing and Threading and Beard Tinting using Henna.
We will teach you how to custom blend your Henna to create the perfect colour match, Brow mapping, Waxing, Tweezing, Trimming and Threading, and nostril hair removal.
We work in small groups of students to allow constant support and observation, to ensure that you have all the knowledge you will need.
During the Male Grooming Course you will learn the following –
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Anatomy and physiology: structure of the skin, looking at the hair growth cycle
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Skin types and PH Balance
- Equipment, implements and products
- Preparation of room and client
- Patch Testing
- Client consultations and Record Cards
- Benefits & effects of the treatment
- Skin assessment
- Brow shapes
- Hair structure & growth patterns
- Hair removal using thread and wax
- Henna application
- Sequences of using the products
- Client aftercare advice
- Behind The Mask – How to spot signs of domestic abuse and how you can help (optional)
Our tutors are always on hand after your course to support and guide you with any help you need, we also offer FREE refresher courses for any students who wish to practice their new skills.
Male Grooming Course Information
- There is free parking in Armada Road car park, enter BS14 0SU into your sat nav. Once parked, follow the path to the right of The Whitchurch pub, then turn right onto the row of shops, we are second from last
- PPE will be provided on arrival
- Refreshments will be provided (please bring a re-usable mug or bottle)
- All students will receive a training manual prior to their course, please ensure you can access your manual on your phone or an iPad during your training
- You will be required to bring a model for this course
- Please wear dark or black clothes, sensible flat shoes and hair tied back
- Qualification: Certificate of Diploma
- Certificates will be awarded to students at the end of the course providing they have competently demonstrated the required skills and knowledge, any students who are not yet ready will be discreetly asked to return for further training free of charge.
- All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to perform Male Grooming on your clients.
- Students who participate in Behind the Mask training will receive their certificate via email within 2 weeks.
- Upon booking a place on this course you will receive a confirmation email, if you do not receive an email please contact us.
- If you select the option to pay a deposit you will receive an invoice via email for the remaining balance, this does not need to be paid until 2 weeks before your course starts.
- Pre-requisites – None