During the Indian Head Massage Course you will learn to carry out this alternative therapy treatment, balancing the chakra, focusing on the upper back, shoulders, arms, neck, scalp, face and ears. You will use a different range of techniques to carry out this treatment. The Indian Head Massage is performed over clothing and can be flexible as to where you perform the treatment. This is known as ‘chair therapy’ and can be conducted in a work place, hairdressers, beauticians or a relaxation lounge.
You will learn to perform the movements confidently, in sequence with your positive energy passing to the client.
During the Indian Head Massage Course you will learn the following-
- Preparation of working area
- Client Consultation
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Anatomy and physiology
- Structure of the skin, skeletal and muscular structure of the body
- Skin Diseases and disorders
- Skin Types and PH
- Preparation of room and client
- Benefits & effects of the treatment
- Carrier oils and their properties
- Massage sequences and movements
- Client Aftercare advice
- Behind The Mask – How to spot signs of domestic abuse and how you can help (optional)
Our tutors are always on hand after your course to support and guide you with any help you need, we also offer FREE refresher courses for any students who wish to practice their new skills.
Indian Head Massage Course Information-
- There is free parking in Armada Road car park, enter BS14 0SU into your sat nav. Once parked, follow the path to the right of The Whitchurch pub, then turn right onto the row of shops, we are second from last
- PPE will be provided on arrival
- Refreshments will be provided (please bring a re-usable mug or bottle)
- All students will receive a training manual prior to their course, please ensure you can access your manual on your phone or an iPad during your training
- You will be practicing on other students and vice versa to ensure you get the feel for all aspects of the treatment
- Please wear dark or black clothes, sensible flat shoes and hair tied back
- Qualification: Certificate of Diploma
- Certificates will be awarded to students at the end of the course providing they have competently demonstrated the required skills and knowledge, any students who are not yet ready will be discreetly asked to return for further training free of charge.
- All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to perform Indian Head Massage on your clients.
- Students who participate in Behind the Mask training will receive their certificate via email within 2 weeks.
- Upon booking a place on this course you will receive a confirmation email, if you do not receive an email please contact us.
- If you select the option to pay a deposit you will receive an invoice via email for the remaining balance, this does not need to be paid until 2 weeks before your course starts.
- Prerequisites – Massage Qualification