During the Indian Head Massage Course you will learn to carry out this alternative therapy treatment, balancing the chakra, focusing on the upper back, shoulders, arms, neck, scalp, face and ears. You will use a different range of techniques to carry out this treatment. The Indian Head Massage is performed over clothing and can be flexible as to where you perform the treatment. This is known as ‘chair therapy’ and can be conducted in a work place, hairdressers, beauticians or a relaxation lounge.
You will learn to perform Indian Head Massage, based on ancient Ayurvedic principles. Indian head helps clients relieve stress, reduce tension and improve flexibility. Indian Head Massage aims to reduce tension and increase flexibility in stressed and overworked muscles. Stress that accumulates each day both physical and mental, can cause a weakness in the nerves and can impair circulation of the vital fluids to the brain and thus cause tension and headaches. The most natural way to relieve these symptoms is by Indian Head Massage. Vitality increases as the circulatory and respiratory systems open up to provide fresh oxygen and vital energies plus many other benefits.
You will learn to perform the movements confidently, in sequence with your positive energy passing to the client.
During the Indian Head Massage course you will learn the following:
- Health, safety and hygiene methods of practice
- Anatomy and physiology: structure of the skin, skeletal and muscular structure of the body
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Skin types and PH
- Equipment, implements and products
- Preparation of room and client
- Client consultation and Record Cards
- Benefits & effects of the Indian head massage treatment
- Carrier oils and their properties
- Massage sequences & movements
- Concept and history of Indian Head Massage & Ayurveda
- Practical tuition to perform with confidence, positive energy
- Client aftercare advice
Qualification: Bristol Nail and Beauty Training School Certificate
All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to practise Indian Head Massage Therapy