During our Hot and Cold Stone Massage Course, you will learn to carry out this alternative therapy treatment, to use with your Body Massage Qualification. The use of Hot and Cold Stone Massage is an ancient healing art, used to help your client unwind and relax, allowing a modality for physical and spiritual balancing. The course will teach you how to practice full body and facial massage techniques using the warm stones. Traditionally we use the 7 chakras to promote healing with well-being with the associated stones. The stones are linked with organs located in the area of the Chakra to treat the universal consciousness. Stone massage is very effective to create harmony and a positive energy flow to relax the body to the deepest level, having a harmonising and cleansing effect that re-energises our bodies.
During the Hot and Cold Stone Massage course you will learn the following –
- Health, safety and hygiene methods of practice
- Anatomy and physiology: structure of the skin, skeletal and muscular structure of the body
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Skin types and PH balance
- Equipment, implements and products
- Preparation of room and client
- Client Consultations and Record Cards
- Benefits & effects of hot stone massage treatment
- Carrier oils and their properties
- Massage sequence & movement using the stones
- Massage mediums
- Cleaning the stones
- Practical tuition to perform with confidence and positive energy
- Client aftercare advice
- Behind The Mask – How to spot signs of domestic abuse and how you can help (optional)
Our tutors are always on hand after your course to support and guide you with any help you need, we also offer FREE refresher courses for any students who wish to practice their new skills.
Hot and Cold Stone Massage Course Information
- There is free parking in Armada Road car park, enter BS14 0SU into your sat nav. Once parked, follow the path to the right of The Whitchurch pub, then turn right onto the row of shops, we are second from last
- PPE will be provided on arrival
- Refreshments will be provided (please bring a re-usable mug or bottle)
- You will be practicing on other students and vice versa to ensure you get the feel for all aspects of the treatment
- Please wear dark or black clothes, sensible flat shoes and hair tied back
- Qualification: Certificate of Diploma
- Certificates will be awarded to students at the end of the course providing they have competently demonstrated the required skills and knowledge, any students who are not yet ready will be discreetly asked to return for further training free of charge.
- All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to perform Hot and Cold Stone Massage on your clients.
- Students who participate in Behind the Mask training will receive their certificate via email within 2 weeks.
- Upon booking a place on this course you will receive a confirmation email, if you do not receive an email please contact us.
- If you select the option to pay a deposit you will receive an invoice via email for the remaining balance, this does not need to be paid until 1 week before your course starts.
- Prerequisites – Massage Qualification