This comprehensive 3 day Gel and Acrylic Nail Extensions Course is designed for beginners who would like to train in both Gel and Acrylic Nail Enhancements. Acrylic Nails dominate the nail industry, making them one of the most sought after nail enhancement treatments amongst clients.
Gel Nail Extensions are long lasting, have innumerable designs and are low maintenance. We will help you master the art with confidence with this professional course allowing you to expand on the services you provide.
During the Gel & Acrylic Nail Extension Course you will learn the following –
- Preparation of working area
- Client consultation
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Knowledge of nail shapes and anatomy
- Knowledge of nail conditions, disorders and diseases
- Manicure of the natural nail
- Preparing nails for extensions
- Tip application
- Use of files and buffers
- Understanding grit sizes
- Applying gel, including pink and white
- Applying Acrylic, including pink and white
- Safe use of UV and LED lamps
- Finishing and buffing
- Importance of manufacturing instructions
- Assessing nails for in-fills or rebalance
- Application of products for in-fills or rebalance
- Product removal
- Behind The Mask – How to spot signs of domestic abuse and how you can help (optional)
Our tutors are always on hand after your course to support and guide you with any help you need, we also offer FREE refresher courses for any students who wish to practice their new skills.
Gel & Acrylic Nail Extensions Course Information-
- There is free parking in Armada Road car park, enter BS14 0SU into your sat nav. Once parked, follow the path to the right of The Whitchurch pub, then turn right onto the row of shops, we are second from last
- PPE will be provided on arrival
- Refreshments will be provided (please bring a re-usable mug or bottle)
- All students will receive a training manual prior to their course, please ensure you can access your manual on your phone or an iPad during your training
- Your course includes your very own kit to take home
- You will be practicing on other students and vice versa to ensure you get the feel for all aspects of the treatment, therefore please ensure that you arrive with natural nails. Models are not permitted on the course.
- Please wear dark or black clothes, sensible flat shoes and hair tied back
- Qualification: Certificate of Diploma
- Certificates will be awarded to students at the end of the course providing they have competently demonstrated the required skills and knowledge, any students who are not yet ready will be discreetly asked to return for further training free of charge.
- All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to perform Gel & Acrylic Nail Extensions on your clients.
- Students who participate in Behind the Mask training will receive their certificate via email within 2 weeks.
- Upon booking a place on this course you will receive a confirmation email, if you do not receive an email please contact us.
- If you select the option to pay a deposit you will receive an invoice via email for the remaining balance, this does not need to be paid until 2 weeks before your course starts.
- Prerequisites – none (however we recommend students attend a Gel Polish Manicure & Pedicure course to compliment this service)